AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Red Paint
Posted 5/22/2020 23:25 (#8274449 - in reply to #8274410)
Subject: RE: Beef checkoff

SW “Ohia”
You don't watch food Network or the cooking channel?

Television rots your brain and steals your time.

Most those shows have hundreds of thousands of viewers sponsored by beef.

What shows exactly are sponsored by the check off?

There are more beef loving Texan subscribers on YouTube (over 5000) then there are rcalf members.

5,000 YouTube subscribers is comical. Plenty of dumb channels with a whole lot more than, and they don’t get stolen money to blow.

Get out of this country and you will find we are well represented abroad.

Why does that matter when beef COOL isn’t universal for exports? How would a consumer in a foreign country aim to purchase US check off promoted beef?

They aren't chasing the producer, they are chasing the consumer. If your a producer, never leave your backyard, and haven't heard beef promotion then they are doing their job.

Well they’re doing one real good job: Not interacting with the producer. That’s for sure. And HOPEFULLY they’ll learn a good lesson about thinking they can operate with impunity. I’m just happy they don’t get much of my money.

Here’s a simple comment. I promote my own beef at $0 cost and don’t have a bit of trouble selling it at fair profitable prices. I actually have a waiting list. It seems, even with all these people on the payroll and all this money to spend by the check off crews, folks actually marketing cattle are having a harder time moving them and an even harder time selling at a profit. Hhhhmmmmmm...

Edited by Red Paint 5/22/2020 23:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)