AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A hard question, what to change.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Old Iron
Posted 4/9/2020 11:07 (#8175894 - in reply to #8175296)
Subject: RE: A hard question, what to change.

NW Wisconsin
Thanks for the kind words.
I wish there was more threads like this on here. It's kind of strange that it's honestly easier to talk about finances and long range business plans hopes/fears with strangers on the internet than people around you. I mean how often does a guy really open up and say what there really thinking or feeling. I guess what I mean is that in a way it's like being a ships captain.
No matter what as the leader you never get show fear or indecision.
The wife, kids and or employees need a solid rock at all times. Even when you feel like a pebble in a raging river.

Myself it's been strange lately. Turned 40 this fall and have been doing more deep thinking than ever before.
My part time hired hand is getting less and less eager to help.
Anymore he only wants to "operate" equipment.
A good friend and neighbor that trades labor all fall for harvesting is nearing retirement.
Some major equipment upgrades are going to be needed soon.
Never in my life has the thought of slowing down entered the old head. But it has been a lot lately.
I think giving up some marginal acres and doing a better job on the good stuff is a start.

The goal is to keep going no matter how bad it gets for another 5 years till the kids are out of school. I want them to decide if they want to make it a second generation farm.

I found my true calling in life trucking up to Alaska. Hopefully one of the kids will take over and I can nothing but a spring and fall "operator". Lol

(IMG_20200214_170749272 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20200214_170749272 (full).jpg (87KB - 363 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)