AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A hard question, what to change.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Old Iron
Posted 4/9/2020 00:48 (#8175186 - in reply to #8175113)
Subject: RE: A hard question, what to change.

NW Wisconsin
I'm really thankful right now for being raised a tight ars sob.
It's been tough sticking to the game plan for many years looking at all the shiny new paint and new vehicles around the area. It's like a status symbol anymore. New truck... Fancy shop that never gets used except to store way later model equipment than is really needed on the operation.
I'm not saying that is a bad thing. More power to guys that can pull it off.
I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but after starting farming 100% from scratch 20 years ago I can finally say I'm basically debt free and built an operation up from nothing that is paid for and self sustaining. What crop is in the bins covers the crop going in the ground with a cash on hand to pay off all farm notes.
That is one hell of a good feeling and a source of pride. And it took a lot of self control to make it happen. 20 hour days custom planting/harvesting/wrenching and trucking in the off seasons till the eyes bleed.
All the experts say you should maximize your operation by borrowing. Borrow money, get bigger, make more, borrow more...
The old saying about not knowing who is swimming naked till the tide goes out rings true.
I truly hope that friends and neighbors weather this storm. It's going to be a test on who can survive.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)