AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The only stat that matters: deaths per million people
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rank
Posted 3/27/2020 20:00 (#8144214 - in reply to #8143605)
Subject: RE: The only stat that matters: deaths per million people

SEON
Illinois Steve - 3/27/2020 16:08

You aren’t getting this are you? Are you paying attention to how many people are dying each day in the big cities versus a week ago? Pay attention. This isn’t the flu and it will eclipse the flu in fatalities in short order if we don’t get it under control. Let’s visit a year from now and compare numbers shall we?

LOL....I get it. I don’t think We don't get this under control as you suggest. It gets us under control. Mother nature bats last. Everyone is going to get it it's just a question of how flat the curve gets and how many sick folks die in/waiting for ICU.

The cure will be worse than the disease if we wait until it's all clear. I have a flat tire on my cultivator and where am I going to get it fixed on a weekend when everyone is on Corona vacation? I can already see that people are getting used to not working....just wait until the checks start coming in the mail. Then they really won't want to work. Who's going to plant the crop that we eat next winter if you can't get equipment fixed?

Farmer level math on the back of a bill envelope:
330,000,000 people x 10% that will require ventilators = 33,300,000 people on ventilators
33,300,000 x 11 days avg on the ventilator = 363,000,000 people days on ventilators
363,000,000/120 days until August 1st = 300,000 ventilators needed and there's only half that.
Are you going to keep the country shut down until Christmas?
Are you going to cancel the election and extend term limits to Donald?

Nope. Even gov Cuomo hinted that this shutdown was a mistake. "Would we do it again? I don't know that we would. We need the economy. We may have to put resolved cases back to work."

the weak will have to quarantine themselves or die while the rest of us right this ship.

I leave you with a quote from Sun Tzu

“if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain.”
/Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Edited by rank 3/27/2020 23:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)