AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nox fault on mt755d
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Massey1155
Posted 6/8/2019 20:10 (#7548510 - in reply to #7548482)
Subject: higher hr stuff is problematic

NW Iowa
I don't run any high hr DEF tractors. After so many yrs and hrs the hoses automatically need to be changed. The exhaust will rot through, and the canister will be shot.
Sticker shock, that vertical exhaust pipe is $9800 when it rots out.

Also remember there is an industry standard warranty of 5 yrs from date of service on all emissions. I have found a few that were under warranty because they weren't put to work until '14 even though they were '12 and '13 tractors.

Also on ALL Agco tractors check the harness that comes off the exhaust to the tractor. They have been filling with water from up above, causing rotting and corrosion of pins. Fixed quite of few of these.

That being said, there are only 2 temp sensors, 2 Nox sensors, canister, nozzle, pump and filter, tank, quality and tank guage, 3 DEF hoses, and a couple coolant hoses with a valve. Plus we are pumping fertilizer through them. What could go wrong.......

Looking at all the crap on them, it's amazing they even stay running.

I have fixed a few that I've seen part's thrown at because the tech didn't know what he was looking at and how to diagnose it. It's not all about reading the EDT, there is always a point A to a point B.

Be thank full you don't have EGR, they added that for the 15 and later E and 87 series. The '14 D series are the best of the best. The E's are nice , but I despise EGR.

Edited by Massey1155 6/8/2019 20:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)