AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you handle stress?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DevinF
Posted 3/6/2019 09:04 (#7362449 - in reply to #7361630)
Subject: RE: How do you handle stress?

Nwmo
I'm probably not a qualified person to tell you how to deal with stress. Personally if I have a problem or something that has me worried, I generally stay up all night thinking about it trying to formulate a plan to overcome or see myself through said problem.

As soon as I have a plan of action or can see a way through my issue I can focus on taking action and stop worrying about it. Taking walks, naps, and reading don't necessarily help me out unless it just gives me a break to think through the problem.

You didn't ask for solutions to your actual problems but I had some ideas or maybe how I would approach it so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

In your case the car thing is just a cost, you have to pay it, adjust some other planned purchases, go do something to make up the money, or figure out a way to fix it cheaper.

The account deduction, I'm guessing the problem was more along the lines of you thought you had $580 more than you did after you found out it hadn't been deducted. I have found online banking to be a big help to keep track of these kinds of things, clarity money is app I recently downloaded, it's geared toward people with an hourly job so the budgeting stuff doesn't work that great. What it does do is show all your expenses and let's you categorize them. It also shows you recurring expenses and bank account totals. My bank also has an app that let's you login to see your account balances and transactions, I usually check at least once a week.

The child support thing would probably worry me the most because it's not something you can figure out without seeking outside input. I would probably starting by digging up what ever record I had of making the payments. Call the bank and get canceled checks or statements showing you paid the money. Once you get the proof it's just a matter of getting it to the right person. Whether that's your attorney or the AG office I'm not sure, I wouldn't mess around with it though half the people on the booking report around here have been arrested for non support.

Stress sucks, but sometimes we need it to focus and see us through a problem. A lot of people alluded to your problems not being a big deal, that's the funny thing about stress it doesn't matter what the actual problem is. To each person their problems are their main focus until we have something bigger to worry about or a solution to it. Fear of the unknown is what it boils down to for me. I could just be a headcase though, probably should have stopped reading a couple paragraphs back.

If all else fails go pick a fight in the boiler room, you can waste several hours proving the internet you're right.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)