AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you handle stress?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cottonhauler
Posted 3/6/2019 07:36 (#7362237 - in reply to #7362127)
Subject: RE: How do you handle stress?

Zabcikville, TX
Oliver1 - 3/6/2019 05:58

I won't go into details, and I don't mean for this to come across as snippy, but I wish I had the stress events you do.

Steven Covey in the 7 Habits book wrote that 99% of stress is caused by people trying to change the outcome of the decision, vs changing the decision. Change your decisions. Consequences flow naturally from decisions, you have to change the decisions. Once you wrap your mind around that, you'll sleep like a baby.

# 1 Your wife was rear ended, hopefully only damage is auto, you didn't mention otherwise. The other party should be paying. If not, and you chose not to carry un or under insured coverage, you made a choice. Live with it. Plus 1750 for what you listed is dirt cheap. # 2 Okay, so you should have money around that didn't go to them. If you live your life by your checkbook balance, and not budgeting, again your choice. # 3 It's been state law in IA for at least 40 years that I know of that all child support goes thru the state. NO exceptions. Is Texas not the same? Are you southerners really that far behind us Yanks again? (It's a joke son!) I am surprised you went more than a month or two before the state caught on, but then again, it's Te..... Never mind. :)

#1. My wife wasn't in an accident. The differential under the car decided to crap out. Mechanical damage, not collision.
#2. The $ for the insurance was in the account, but the cancellation notice shook me up quite a bit.
#3. It is supposed to go through the state AG's office. However, my attorney, the judge, nor does anywhere in the divorce decree does it say that. It only requires I pay "X" amount until they turn 18. Since it didn't go through the AG's office, I got no credit for 4 years of paying it. This is a bump in the road of life, but one I just as soon not had to deal with all at once.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)