AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on fiber wire that caught on our combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 2/12/2019 17:01 (#7316481 - in reply to #7316331)
Subject: RE: Update on fiber wire that caught on our combine

150pilot - 2/12/2019 16:06

As a town board chair, we get to tell the utilities where they can place the lines. That is normally out at the edge of, but within the right of way. Those lines are supposed to have adequate clearance for legal vehicles, so I consider that 13' 6" but I know many are higher and for good reason.

Talk to your town board and see what they require. They might even have a copy of the proposed installation. Quite often the lines are proposed in compliance, but the work is sub'd out and a different path known as an "as built" may have been used. It isn't right, but thats life in an imperfect world where rocks, ditches and trees make staying where they belong impossible. Those as built lines are often problematic as you have discovered. An as built shortcut on height does not, to me, give them any claim if you hit it.

I am making one large assumption here, that you were in the field and the line cut across a bit. If you are farming into the right of way, and under a legally placed line, I would think the whole cost is yours to bear.

I hope this is of help to you.

Jim

Millions of trucks on the road that use the 13'6", why would you not make a buffer of 10% instead of a chance of the wire getting hit, when there is 2 inches of snow on the ground
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)