AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on fiber wire that caught on our combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 2/12/2019 15:14 (#7316345 - in reply to #7316235)
Subject: RE: Update on fiber wire that caught on our combine

Better use a tape measure to show height. They will be confused by a grade stick measured in tenths.

Then tell them the combine down time is billed at the same rate that you would have to pay if you cut their line.

Crossed a fiber optic line here 20 years ago with tile was repeatedly told do not cut it the fine is $40K a minute. Supposedly goes from NY to Chicago.

Digging with a teaspoon was not fun as the locator would not give a definitive depth or confirm or deny that a locator tape was placed over it.

It's all well and fine when they come busting through and plow through tiles or string up low hanging wires without saying a word but the threats are real when you need to repair anything close to their line.

I'd call the Insurance Commissioner of Ohio, the PUCO, the power company and the Attorney Generals office. 

Make enough fire that somebody is held to account.

I had a neutral line hanging low enough that the combine platform railing and planter marker nearly touched it. Went to abandoned farmstead with buildings all torn down. That line only served that location. Poles were all junk and splintered up too. They did not want to spend a dime to improve the situation since there was no customer to serve anymore.  I asked them if they would just remove all the poles and wires back to the last place on the line getting service.

Got rid of 9 poles and low hanging wires. They warned that if building there later it would mean paying for all new poles and wire.  I said fine there will never be anything built there in my lifetime I want the poles and hazards gone. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)