AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indigo Advantage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/13/2019 16:04 (#7242693 - in reply to #7241474)
Subject: RE: Indigo Advantage

South Central Iowa
Tronc is awful for different reasons though. I agree completely it is a terrible name.... Tronc.... just pause, say the word, and pause and reflect on it.... Tronc... Terrible. I thought that from reading an article in the Chicago Tribune (or one of their others) a year or so ago and noticed that name at the bottom. I had to look up what this Tronc was since I thought Tribune Co. owned them. That was the spinoff I guess. Glad others thought it poor as well. lol

The thing that makes Corteva so bad isn't the name, it's how forgettable it is. It sounds like a competing company's seed treatment as well. When having to refer to them with a seed or chemical rep, I find myself saying something like "Ohhhh, the Dow-DuPont spinoff, whatever they call it, some Spanish name or something." So forgettable. They have a plethora of company names absorbed by those mother companies over the years, why didn't they just revive one!?!?!?

I thought they should just call it Pioneer Industries or Enterprises. Pioneer is their biggest flagship and has universal recognition in the ag world. I guess they didn't want any stigma that might have went along with the name, a clean sheet so to speak, but I disagree with that thought. Naming it something completely new and so bland as to be forgettable is not a way to raise brand recognition.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)