AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideal combine.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 12/12/2018 00:32 (#7165489 - in reply to #7164055)
Subject: RE: Ideal combine.

NW KS/ SC ID
Stout Farms - 12/11/2018 10:49

At least try to rebadge it as Massey, Challenger, Gleaner, or whatever else they have. Sort of like the A86 Gleaner that was based off the Massey system. Maybe it could help generate some sales.

Based off? An A86 is literally a silver painted 9895 Massey. Literally everything except the paint and decals is the same on the class 8. Engine choices was the only difference on the class 6 and 7. (cat in the challengers, Sisu in the Gleaner A's and MF, IIRC starting with 9500 series everything went Sisu, no Cat anywhere)

As good of a machine as the MF is (better than your favorite ;) ), the silver painted MFs didnt sell well, but to be fair, neither did the red painted MFs. True Gleaners (aka the transverse) outpace the Agco Axial (MF, Challenger) by many times in total production at the Hesston plant. Back when me and a friend took the tour, I think the guide said for every 6 or 7 Transverse Gleaners there is 1 MF/ Challenger?

Considering how they share a few common components (cab, some drivetrain, simple pulleys, etc. ) I dont see why Agco is so eager to dump the big MF rotor, as with the component sharing I cant imagine production costs are out of line. I really think the way they have it laid out now is about as good as they are going to get, offer MF and Challenger axials, and the Gleaner transverse, and call it a day.

IMO this new Ideal is out of place with a company like Agco, it does not fit their usual image of simple and owner serviceable. I dont see it going over well, but I might be out of touch on that.

Edited by GM Guy 12/12/2018 00:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)