AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideal combine.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nick121
Posted 12/11/2018 17:18 (#7164582 - in reply to #7164479)
Subject: RE: Ideal combine.

ontario
Alberta Pioneer - 12/11/2018 16:20

mca - 12/11/2018 15:09

Ok AB Pioneer, I will bite.....
What is the simple engineering that will unleash this new potential to the Gleaner platform?
You got me interested.
Thanx

Why not make the concave 10” wider, use current layout, move engine to current grain tank, have a separator rotor/cage that goes from left to right behind the original rotor and cage, and grain tank over a large rear steering axle. Basically a tandem rotor, first one does more threshing, second does more separation. Engine where the current grain tank is, less weight on forward axle with larger, heavier heads. Would be louder than current configuration but that can be mitigated. Short conveyor like NH CR’s DSP to move grain from rear rotor forward to accelerator rolls. Large grain tank/hopper on the tail - longer wheelbase on a Gleaner won’t hurt. Might be a bit clumsy with auger on the back, can’t use the current roll-out setup without some good cameras. Maybe vertical auger spilling onto a conveyor? Could do a centered-auger that could swing either way - most grain tanks now are limited by height when folded down because length is a limitation because of engine compartment. With a rear tank that is no longer a concern, center of gravity is now lower, don’t need large toppers 17’ tall.

Sound good but not easy changes, basically a whole new machine. Not even close to a gleaner now and might deter the loyal gleaner guys? But I do realize gleaner will need to make changes and adapt to stay in the combine business.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)