AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

son with eating disorder..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farmn' all the time
Posted 11/29/2018 22:28 (#7137188)
Subject: son with eating disorder..

I have a younger teenager who has a eating disorder. Lost around 50 lbs in the last 9 months. He was considered slightly chubby, but is now skin and bones. While at first he looked really good, we eventually encouraged him to stop dieting. Eventually we told or demanded to stop with no luck. Finally brought him to doc. Doc said medically he was fine and after some more talking and time, brought him to a councilor. Finally revealed to us a few boys were teasing him. Mom and I were on a diet at the time with great success, and our eating habits transferred to him, and thats how he started. I think he has finally stopped losing, and is slowly recognizing he has a problem, but is not gaining much if any at all. The wife and I have a different attitude now, and do more encoraging to eat right, and via the councilor advice now, leave him be as he is sick of us talking about it.
I am screaming in my head for him to just gain 10 lbs and with as active as he is, it would be pure muscle, but I guess he sees himself as chubby yet or just trying to figure this all out. I know the teenager in him is asserting some control and he is doing a good job of it. He is a good, strike that, an awesome kid.. Hardly has an enemy, almost straight A's, and for the most part is a hard worker.... A few of the kids that teased him were probably jealous, but his kind heart takes things to literal..

Anyone have some advice or experience with this? Do we just keep plugging away with the positives? VERY frustrating and tonight I almost lost it, but elected to leave the room before I did.. He sensed it though..

TIA..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)