AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

son with eating disorder..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

partimer
Posted 12/3/2018 20:26 (#7146959 - in reply to #7137188)
Subject: RE: son with eating disorder..

Northwest Iowa
Everyone is different and if like my daughter, you can tell them you love them 100 times a day but they can not overcome that urge/need/desire to control food intake. ED (eating disorder) rides around with my daughter all the time. Even now after she has been to in house therapy and mostly has it under control. She said after being at Melrose Institute in Minneapolis for 6 weeks, that she would look around the table and could tell how many calories each person was consuming. She actually ate very balanced meals and did not vomit (bulimia) but just never ate enough to cover her metabolism. She did take up weight lifting and is even married and pregnant, now. She does tend to Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). At one time she was washing her hands 30-40 times a day. My experience would say that the ideas presented may help but I suggest you develop a time line where if things are not better, that you will need to take the next step in treatment. The longer it goes on and becomes ingrained, the harder it is to break. I wish you the best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)