AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Marketing impacts of the Changing political climate.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/25/2018 11:48 (#7126408 - in reply to #7126383)
Subject: I'm totally onboard with John's CC premise.

I think Climate Change has more to do with changes in Solar Output.. then anything Man Made..

The Pacific Ocean at an AVERAGE depth of 3 miles and would contain all of Earth's land mass by 1.5 times..  If changes in Solar Output shift jet streams and rainfall patterns.. ENSO.. I'm All aboard that train..  (btw we probably have an El Nino coming.. how long it lasts..???)

So I believe Solar Output is much MORE important than man made Climate Change..

However, SHOW ME THE $$$ from a Low Carbon Standard.. which in my case.. I buy into the Parody of the Common's in that.. WHY do we have to USE THIS MUCH Carbon based Resources.. aka like Canadian Tar Sands Crude Oil.. and beat the HECK out of Drilling into the US Shales in THIS GENERATION.. why not leave it in the Ground for FUTURE NEEDS and use what we get from the SUN today??

.. and MAKE $$$!!!

Europe has exhausted it's EASY to GET TO Natural Resources.. be that Coal and or Crude Oil.. so much so that they are buidling a pipeline from RUSSIA.. just think about that for a moment.. golly if we tick off Russia.. they will turn off the Gas and we will Freeze.. hmm.. whatever Putin says is just A OK!!

Do we want to GO THERE?!?

Are they nuts out in Cali..?   Most people would say yes.. certainly in fly over Red State country.. but.. they make $$$  Land Values are $40 k in some places.. that even makes Illinois look like Pikers.. and for the pennies on the dollar for here.. we can make something work.

Texas.. ALMOST elected Beto O'Rourke.. Beto made such a close call.. that some are even calling for a Presidential run out of him.. (sigh..)  ??

whatever.. but California Democrats won the mid terms BIG TIME.. They FLIPPED Orange County.. not only are they NOT running away from Low Carbon.. they are Doubling DOWN on it across the country..

Meanwhile the Trump administration is maybe promising.. e-15.. if they can get to it.. by next spring... ???  maybe...  ???

you know.. which would you choose?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)