AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Marketing impacts of the Changing political climate.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/25/2018 10:31 (#7126256)
Subject: The Marketing impacts of the Changing political climate.

reposting.. DO NOT DELETE!!

Meet the Press this morning starts out..

"President Clinton lost both houses of Congress in the Mid Terms... but he pivoted and was Re Elected."

"President Obama suffered a shellacking by losing the House.. he pivoted.. worked with the new opposition on tax cuts.. and was Re Elected."

"So Far.. President Trump shows no sign of pivoting.. he's doubling down on his base by attacking.. the Courts.. etc.."

blah blah blah..

They have an interview coming up with Tom Steyer who funded like $100 million to upset Republican Congressman from California.. and was successful..  He may run for President.. and guess what one of his main planks is..  (next to impeaching Trump.. "he's a clear and present danger.. and he has access to nuclear weapons..")  but his main policy plank is going to be..

wait for it..

"Climate Change."

So it's appropriate that we are talking about Climate Change below thanks to John Burns..

and the whole board seems to be upset with farmer4321 or "numbers" who.. as best I can tell,.. is VERY MUCH in the MAIN STREAM of the NEW INCOMING DEMOCRATS who.. (like it or not..) will be making policy going forward.

I would expect to hear more and you can almost certainly expect that legislation will be passed either if Trump compromises.. or is replaced.. in two years.. on Climate Change.

Climate Change
Carbon Tax
Low Carbon Fuel Standards..

it's not IF these policies are coming.. but WHAT FORM these policies will take.

It's just the natural order of politic's that we swing one way.. Clinton... to the other.. Bush.. and Back to Obama.. and forth to Trump.. and hence.. the next turn will be back to the left.

So actually instead of firing off on "numbers" so hard.. he actually does good work.. and you can oppose his political viewpoints.. but understand that he is VERY MUCH in the MAINSTREAM of what is coming...

Climate Change.. National Health Care.. Taxes.. etc.. can be Wrong on so many levels.. and yet they are coming.  You would be.. uninformed if you believed otherwise.

How this will affect markets?

For instance.. right now Meet the Press is attacking Trump's lack of Movement on Saudi Arabia..

"So Jon this is Marketing page NOT the Politic's.. HOW does this affect markets?"

Well.. how the US Responds to the killing of a US journalist.. no less.. it probably would have been better if KSA just killed Trump.. but a Washington post Journalist.. this will be the left's Benghazi.. and the Right's attack on Free Press.. and Climate Change.. and kow towing to KSA..

when instead we should be building Solar Farms.. building Electric Vehicles.. etc..  National Health Care.. and a Carbon Tax to pay for it all.

Chuck Todd interviewing a Republican.. "Are you open to a Carbon Tax?"

So this will affect markets.

Congressman Elijah Cummings who will head the very powerful House Oversight Committee..

Cummings.. "We will be looking into Trump's relationship with Saudi Arabia over this issue.."

Which pretty much explains the drop in Crude Oil prices.. The Democrats are going to GO AFTER Fossil Fuels.. and those who supply it.. Cruz.. Saudi Arabia.. Trump administration..  the Keystone pipeline.. etc..  The Saudi's would like to firm up Crude Oil prices by restricting production but 

a) That will cut much needed revenues for them
b) They will have to convince OPEC and Russia to go along.. fat chance.
c(Even) The Trump administration is opposed to it..
d) The Democrats will RAIL Against it..

So there's one of many connections between politics and the markets..

We're not even sure if the New Congress is going to sign off on Trump's Nafta revisions.. "no accounting for Climate Damage.. aka Crude Oil Sands.. and Workers Standards.."  ???

Wow.. we just THINK Differently.. Meet the Press shows a Clip of Trump saying what he is thankful for.. and like most of us in Red States.. we're glad that the Country is being pulled back from the Brink which the Previous Administration placed us.. We are Stronger and Better today than when I took office..

99% of us in Red States will agree with that.

Meet the Press.. round table is just going off on how HORRIBLE that statement is.. 

"It needs no explanation on just how screwed up we are right now.. that the lies from this administration can be accepted.. trotted out as truth."

(paraphrased)  I do not understand their viewpoints.. as I think Trump is on the order of Reagan.. who the Press view both near the bottom..

Friedman.. "Trump's foreign policy is amoral.. he sells off American values and yet gets Nothing in return.."

???  

MtP "Saudi Arabia has done more to fund Terrorism than Iran.."  (?!?!?)

okay.. Mtp "I Must Correct you.. Iran is More responsible for Terrorism than KSA.."

response.. "Saudi's attacked us on 9/11."

...  ??? ...

Wow.. how do you explain THAT?!?  The Public is blind to REAL POLITICAL MARKET FORCES because the PRESS is Blind to them also..

now Billionaire Tom Steyer spent more than $100 million to defeat Republicans in Congress.. he has held town halls and is now going to hold more.. Are you running for President in 2020?

Tom Steyer NEXT GEN.. "We organized more Youth Grass Roots voters.. and through our organization "Need to Impeach" (Trump) we are starting to make a REAL DIFFERENCE."

I am now organizing planks to run on.. 

1) If the R's had repealed the affordable health Care act.. I talked to people who would be DEAD now without it
2) the Right to Learn.. Free Education.. Free College.
3) We need to UNRIG the SYSTEM which favors those who have $$$
4) We need to impeach President Trump
5) Saudi Arabia is paying the President $$$  this must be stopped..
6) the Idea that America is not Value Driven.. how can we lead if we do not stand up to the murder of Khashoggi? etc..

He hasn't got into the Climate Change stuff.. but from what I've heard.. he's all over it as his Economic Driver

So..

Meet the Press is closing with "The Blue Wave.. the Largest gain in the Congress since 1974.. the year after watergate."
Was it a wave?  data says yes.. 38 seats and counting.. but a wave would be one the other side stays home.. R's also picked up seats in the Senate.. so maybe not.. still the generic Ballot of all votes.. favored Democrats by 8%  That can not be ignored.."

Nope.  No it can not..

There you go..

That's what's coming..

Go easier on numbers.. as his viewpoints ARE what we WILL BE DEALING with.. so at least we can learn and form the best stance possible going forward.

btw.. you can donate to the Firefighters fighting Wildfires in California.. of course US Forrest Service is in charge of that..

stellar job guys.. stellar job..  We just need more government $$$.. and stopping Climate change to solve this..

over 60 dead and counting...

can't make this stuff up.

Meet the Press's closing round table is "Climate Change"  Why doesn't the Trump administration believe it's own report?

There ya go..

btw.. we're in a winter storm.. it's cold here and there's still a fair amount of crops out in the field.. WHY the Coop does not invest in the capacity to take in wet Sorghum??  Is beyond me..

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)