AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who else hates the holidays?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

schmid
Posted 11/22/2018 07:56 (#7120819 - in reply to #7120177)
Subject: RE: Who else hates the holidays?

ECIL
willow creek - 11/21/2018 19:59

Since smart phones everyone talks to everyone anyway. Going to get in the middle of a feud. I want to see some distant relatives, but it is all ready drama. Don’t want, don’t need it. I think I will stay home. My wife’s side. The part that pisses me off is that I won’t get to be with my kids. Drive 70 miles to feel awkward all day. Not going to happen.

Smart phones = people who can't communicate correctly in person anymore.

My opinion, not wanting to go into a sticky situation and trying to be graceful toward others within the situation says something about your willingness to tackle issues like this. Imagine the kind of man you would be to your wife and children if you would do it for her and try to show her in laws grace in whatever situation they are in. Not saying you have to think whatever is going on there is ok, just try and see where you fail and you'll realize we are all far from perfect.
There are no perfect family's, but the ones that stand out are the ones that go through hard things and work through them with forgiveness (which does not equate to condoning wrong behavior). We all have different sorts of issues in our family's because we are all human.

Try to be a real man and your wife and kids will be impressed. Im not trying to come down on you, hope this can come across as an encouragement to you! Have a great Thanksgiving, we have a lot to be thankful for!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)