AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who else hates the holidays?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 11/22/2018 10:27 (#7121143 - in reply to #7121112)
Subject: RE: Who else hates the holidays?

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
ronm - 11/22/2018 08:13

I don't hate the holidays, but I 'm not real fond of how this one is shaping up...my son is working in ski country for a month or more, so he has a company condo in Silverthorne for the month. he had to work today, so he & his wife invited everybody up to the condo for a late TG dinner. That's about halfway to my wife's Mom's place in Brighton, so we decided to eat with the kids & drive on over to the MIL's for the weekend. So far so good, right? Well, the weather forecast started looking bad, better to take a 4WD, so I got the oil changed in the truck, fixed a small coolant leak, checked the tires, & threw a couple wheel weights in the back so it's not so squirrelly on snow. So far so good, right? Well, this morning the wife wakes up with a bad cold & sore throat...no way she wants to infect the whole family, especially her 80-year-old Mom with COPD, so no go...she said I could go without her, but I'm starting to feel the cold myself, plus the road outlook is getting worse all the time. I'm not real thrilled about driving 3 hours over Vail pass in the snow, eating dinner, & driving back over probably even worse road in the dark. Other alternative is sleeping on a couch & coming back tomorrow, which may not be much better road-wise.
Sorry about the whining, but looks like the suckiest Thanksgiving ever...

My sister and BIL had to endure a 13+ hour trip over Snoqualmie Pass due to the combo of weather and thanksgiving traffic. That cured them of ever coming here for Thanksgiving again.

Edited by Big Ben 11/22/2018 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)