AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who else hates the holidays?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 11/22/2018 06:11 (#7120658 - in reply to #7120639)
Subject: RE: Who else hates the holidays?

ESW ND
Well it's not a fair comparison. There's a big difference in being around family that you get along with and have some respect for versus being around people that have no respect for you and your life/profession. I could easily go for another 30 years not seeing some of my family....because they havn't been around for the previous 20 years. I'm happy that a lot of you have wonderful extended families.....it isn't always kumbaya for everybody's tables.

Willow, it sucks, but I'd go and support your wife(she may need backup). There's no need to be in the middle. State your piece if you need to. If you have to state the TRUTH....do it. It hurts, but needs to be said. Just forewarn your sweetie that you may open your mouth and it may not be pretty. If they don't like what you have to say, it most likely means it's true. There's always sideskirting that goes on in life, when the cold hard facts just need to come out. You can be "that guy"(2 thumbs pointing to your chest) to say them. There's lots of easy ways out of a conversation you don't want to be in or even start for that matter.

Your "new app" may just alert you that you have something going haywire at your place that you HAVE to get back for. lol You could also just sit on the couch and stay on your phone and play games, go on NAT, snapchat,lol, text with somebody, go for a walk.....you got it. You will be ok.

The best part of family that you don't know or like, is saying goodbye.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)