AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who else hates the holidays?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ronm
Posted 11/24/2018 11:52 (#7124457 - in reply to #7121112)
Subject: RE: Update-

Fruita CO
By about Noon thanksgiving day, I decided I had fought off the cold, feeling pretty good, so I decided to head out for Silverthorne. the wife was OK with me going, she just didn't feel like doing anything. Almost zero traffic, everybody else was eating turkey, & dry road. I got there about 4, had a beer & hung out in the condo with the kids & Grandkids until my son got home from work. He's working on a new lift at Copper Mountain, & behind schedule, of course...we ate dinner about 8, hung out & I stayed the night. Had a fun time.
Now, the trip back, not exactly so much fun...woke up to 8 in. of new snow, & still snowing like heck. SIL stopped at Lowe's & bought some sandbags for the back of his truck, so I got 2 more to go with my wheel weights. The first 10 miles were hell, 3 lane parking lot moving at maybe 5 MPH. the plows hadn't got to the Silverthorne hill yet. Fortunately, nobody got stupid & spun out, so we kept moving, although slow. Took about an hour to go 5 mi. For about the next 50 mi., all the way to Vail, it was snow-packed but not real heavy traffic, moving about 40-45. Past Vail it was dry...normally about a 3 hr. trip took 4-1/2.
Tired, but glad I did it...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)