AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your opinion on aJD-2800 plow ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 3/24/2018 18:03 (#6662983 - in reply to #6662888)
Subject: RE: What is your opinion on aJD-2800 plow ?

Nw Iowa
We had both and definetly prefer the IH. That said the 2800 was a hyd adjust and that was kind of neat. The 2800 was weak where the 3 pt bar mounted to the plow, most were welded or built up there. Also hyd steer that had issues and had a special cylinder on back for tail wheel that you couldn't find off the shelf and Deere wanted crazy money for it. I think we has a machinist cut a regular cylinder down.
It seemed like the market kind of rebounded some 10 years ago but Plows have really fallen in price here recently as even the corn on corn guys are going away from them. I have seen some 2800's sell with auto reset sell for a 1000 that were in good shape in last year. 720's 5-18" that brought 1500-2000 are now down to 800-1000. Hard to find a 720 on land plow, most were 6-18" and not many around. Here most of 2800's here were on land and 6-7 bottoms which works nice on a 300 hp front assist. I know that is why we tried a couple for a couple of years. But our plowing days are behind us as our corn on corn is a CIH 330 and than a 875 ripper makes it pretty black and level. Happy day to see last plow leave.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)