AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can I fill in a pdf form ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/31/2008 20:01 (#552925 - in reply to #552295)
Subject: RE: can I fill in a pdf form ?

West Union, Illinois

dpilot83 - You could always do it the old fashioned way and dig up a typewriter if you're really worried about your handwriting.
I dare not mention or even think of that word within pitching range of my lovely wife.  I spent several years as an office machine salesman.  People tend not to believe me when I say I used to sell $4000 typewriters.

I sold for a Xerox agent for a couple years, then sold Olivetti, Sharp and Swintec.  Anyway, the Xerox agent decided to chase his dream, closed up shop, and changed professions.  They moved everything they wanted and had an auction to sell the extra household goods, etc.  I bought the entire typewriter shop for a dollar. It included fixtures, trade-ins, abandoned repairs, on and on.

It took a week and  ... I think it was 4 trips with the tandem axle livestock trailer to haul it home.  Plus we filled a small dumpster they left for trash. The chicken house and corn crib were full.

I donated used IBM's to the library, gave my nephew a trade in Smith Corona, gave the local scrap guy a truckload (in the days when scrap wasn't a valuable commodity), sold stuff on ebay ... Come to think of it I have a Xerox 610 and an Olivetti 440 around here someplace. And a couple boxes of Xerox ribbons and lift-offs.

But I don't say typewriter very loud around here. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)