AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can I fill in a pdf form ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/31/2008 02:09 (#552109 - in reply to #552103)
Subject: I have with an IRS form

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I don't exactly remember the details but I was able to do something like that with the Federal 2209 (form number I think) dealing with the Federal Highway Use Tax.

This .pdf form was available from the IRS website. It allowed me to "fill in the blanks" on the computer. This "filled in information" appeared in red. Information that appeared in more than one place (my name for example) only needed to be filled in once on the first page and the system automatically filled it in on subsequent pages.

Once an area was filled in, the TAB key (I believe-maybe the ENTER key) advanced the cursor to the next field with perfect alignment.

Once the filled in document was completed, I was able to print it out on my computer printer. It looked very professional and it was easy to spot the "filled in" information since it was in red.

I was not able to submit the form online, but I was able to print it out a couple of times and send one copy in by mail and keep the other for my file copy.

All in all this process worked very well. The form needed to be setup for this process by the IRS and I don't know what was involved with that. Your form may not have those capabilities and the details are a bit foggy at the moment.

I have not purchased any Adobe products and was only using the free software from them.

Edited by tedbear 12/31/2008 02:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)