AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight Loss
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sand85
Posted 1/6/2018 21:23 (#6484953 - in reply to #6482469)
Subject: RE: Weight Loss

C IL
With the caveat of do as I say, not as I do ...

In the calorie balance game, I have found the easiest thing to do is raise my basal (resting) metabolism. I thought being in my feet all day was addressing that. I learned that I sat more than I thought, and even if I was on the move all day, it took raising my heart rate for a mere 10 minutes to really increase basal metabolism. 80/20 rule. Additional exercise after that burns calories, but doesn't really increase basal metabolism.

My wife wanted to get back into running last winter so we got a treadmill, which she used a couple of times and then started going back to the gym. I, on the other hand, use it frequently (seasonally outside of planting and harvest), which I never expected. Jog a 10 minute mile, takes 15 minutes from tying my shoes to warm-up to being in the shower. Or do interval body weight exercises, which got less fun after we got a treadmill.

I feel better, I eat better, it doesn't take much time (15 mins 4x/week), I very slowly lose weight. And it is a stress outlet.

I lost 50 pounds 5 years ago doing this for about 8 months. Then I quit. Got back into it last winter a bit, getting back into it this winter.

Edited by sand85 1/6/2018 21:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)