AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody ever consider or care what endusers can pay?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CMN
Posted 4/22/2017 09:07 (#5976584 - in reply to #5976314)
Subject: RE: Anybody ever consider or care what endusers can pay?

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
When you are expecting zero, how much more can a person lower their expectations?

I honestly care a lot about what my customers can afford to pay for my grain so they can turn it into feed. The people I buy seed, fertilizer, and machinery from, and the people I rent or try buy land from could care less what your COP is to raise livestock is however.

The way it looks this year, I will not be able to pay myself any sort of living wage. As a matter of fact, I will actually be paying to work at my farm job the way it appears right now. As another matter of fact, I have a town job in addition to my farm job so I can afford to purchase the expensive meat livestock farmers are producing. How many people do you know working a job in town are paying their employer so they can work?

Like you said, people who raise livestock always have the option to raise their own feed. Then they can deal with all the people who honestly could care less what their feed costs are. I've tried my hardest to get all these people to lower their expectations and take a cut in pay for several years now but have had very limited success.

FWIW, I'm more than willing to lower my expectations some more and quit my farm job, and let all the livestock people try their hand at getting all the people I mentioned above to lower their expectations so livestock producers don't have to lower their expectations...or as long as I'm dealing with all these people already, maybe I should get a third job and start raising livestock. Then I won't have to lower my expectations...again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)