AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can some of you more computer savvy explain what just happened here ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/25/2008 00:14 (#490432 - in reply to #490352)
Subject: Re: Can some of you more computer savvy explain what just happened here ??

I doubt it was SP3 or Norton...or maybe a newer version of Norton that is now using less overhead. The "hnetcfg.dll" is a Home Networking Configuration manager file. It would appear that by re-registering that file (regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll), it may have restored an original version of the file after Norton was updated.

It may not be the reason for the speed of NAT though. Last night while on NAT late, there was a few minutes of getting a "site down for maintenance....something about SQL (which would be the database used for storing posts to the site) and if you are an administrator you can log in here" response. I believe someone may have been doing maintenance on the NAT site...or rebooting a server, etc.

Either way, NAT loading fast is good.

Edited to add: mx270a mentioned SP3, and it likely not being the reason for any increase in speed. I agree. I have had SP3 on this machine for some time now, and noticed lots of slow downs or connection timeouts. It has been much better the past few days.

Edited by Hayburner 10/25/2008 00:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)