AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 things to know before buying farm ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 2/22/2015 00:04 (#4404249 - in reply to #4403555)
Subject: RE: 10 things to know before buying farm ground

Mid Michigan
I agree with a lot of points on here. Frytown's was closest to my feelings. You really really want it. Now that you have it you have to pay for it and it can take a LOOOONG time! Remember there are probably a lot of other things you enjoy doing right now without a land payment that might get put on the back burner for many years while you justify paying something off. Seems like that land payment just levitates over your head like a black cloud for many years. And the #%# #%#@ property taxes. They can just about eat up all the profit and if you have a bad year they can eat all the profit! One thing I never knew was that the county can start a project in your township out of the blue and everybody in the district can be on the hook for a huge property tax assessment for 20 years or more. Our property taxes went up by a substantial amount for a ditch project that doesn't even benefit us. Things like that pop up when you think you have a handle on them and you realize you don't. I'm just a lot poorer because of the fact. Make sure it's really worth it to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)