AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 things to know before buying farm ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 2/22/2015 12:12 (#4405030 - in reply to #4403555)
Subject: RE: 10 things to know before buying farm ground

Southeast Colorado
This type of question makes for an interesting discussion.......but........the thing that is impossible to discern from these responses is knowing where these folks sit financially. That alone makes all the difference in your attitude towards buying land. For example........15 or so years ago I remember reading an article in the Farm Journal about a couple of young brothers that were farming 2800 acres together and in the article they stated that keeping debt low or minimal was paramount to the successful operation of a farm. Well lo and behold I just happened to be neighbors with these two boys and went all through school with them. No where in the article did it state that they were the sons of the largest farmer in our area with over 25k acres of land (some with producing minerals) running 100 pivots and ownership of several other businesses including a bank.......................I guess my point here is that I do believe these two boys are sincere in what they think...........but just exactly how does that apply to me? For all you know I could buy and sell those two brothers several times a week. (not even remotely close by the way!) Good luck on your decision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)