AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn is done! - What's your status?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/10/2008 23:41 (#375414 - in reply to #375391)
Subject: RE: Corn is done! - What's your status?

Driftless SW Wisconsin

congratulations - but you finishing is not at all what I have seen across the northern portion of the corn belt, say north of I 80/90.  There was some planting going on today but about as many out spreading fertilizer or trying to do some tillage.

Take a look at tonights north central weather radar and there is a HUGE storm system soaking much of the corn belt. This is a still shot but it has been moving west to east. Snow in some northern areas yesterday. Many folks will be several days to a week before they can get back out to plant.

Funny story from today: I was working with a customer today when I went out behind his machine shed to shed some coffee....I noticed that there was a whole section of his windbreak/tree plantings that looked dead. I was thinking to myself. "what could have killed all these trees but not the evergreen rows???"

Then I realized that a few end buds were just starting to swell. These trees weren't dead, they just had not even started come out of winter dormancy/bud even though it is May 10th!

I'm glad you are done planting corn but you are in a small minority of the northern cornbelt growers I know.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 5/10/2008 23:55

(nc us accuweather precip radar 11 pm 5-10-08.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nc us accuweather precip radar 11 pm 5-10-08.jpg (95KB - 77 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)