AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small farrow to finish
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 10/9/2014 22:32 (#4117990 - in reply to #4117956)
Subject: RE: Small farrow to finish

I moved to Texas about 8 years ago. To explain, Dad worked for State Farm, not a farm guy at all. We still have family and friends in the Bloomington/Normal area though. Two grandparents there, both in assisted living. One at Westminster Village, one at Luther Oaks. One uncle lives off Oakland Avenue. Originally we lived close to where Birkelbaw's Orchard was, think the orchard is gone now and the road to our place was on Something Lake Road I think,think it used to be 940 E??. Later moved over to the area between Oakland Avenue and what's now Ireland Grove Road just off Hershey really. We moved around some, Dad's work. Ex took my daughter to Houston area in 2005 and I relocated here in 2006. Have a few acres out here, 60 miles west from Houston, help my wife's grandpa some, he has a cow herd. Kinda starting from scratch, again, Lol.

Should also edit to say that I went to Black Hawk aka Chicken Hawk up in Kewanee and I assume the Denzer family still farms around your area and they did have hogs. Lee Denzer was my swine professor in conjunction with Dan Hoge so I learned from some pretty knowledgeable hog guys.

Edited by Hereford Guy 10/9/2014 22:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)