AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what formed my cautious attitude-the 80's-never forget!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

AC Farmboy
Posted 10/5/2014 16:49 (#4110832 - in reply to #4110028)
Subject: RE: what formed my cautious attitude-the 80's-never forget!

central PA
Garvo, I am too young to remember what the 80's were like (23 years old) but I hear what you are saying. I would love to have more cattle to feed but prices are at a scary high. Last spring my banker wanted me to buy into cows then and looking back I probably would have made a pile of money but it is just too much risk for this young guy and I didn't want to lose my butt trying to feed cows.
Have always enjoyed your posts with what's going on around your place, and hope someday that I can have a place as nice as yours. I never got why some of these guys on this site feel the need to try and bully others, maybe it's jealousy? But I wouldn't worry about any of them as they probably don't have the cojones to do what someone such as yourself does so they feel the need to try and bring down others.
That all being said just keep on keeping on and things will turn out in your favor hopefully! Cheapest way I am getting into more cows to feed is buying in day old bull calves and will just keep feeding them till they are finished or the market starts dropping. Don't have too much into each since the dairy I work full time for on the side sells me their bull calves for 125 each and I got a couple cows I am milking in our old tiestall barn to feed each group of calves.
Hope I can see some posts of you guys doing earlage since you didn't post much of corn silage!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)