AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what formed my cautious attitude-the 80's-never forget!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 10/5/2014 07:57 (#4110112 - in reply to #4110067)
Subject: RE: what formed my cautious attitude-the 80's-never forget!

Saronville NE
I do understand where you are coming from Gary, I watched my Dad lose it all in the 80s, he very cautious now, but problem I see is it has made him too cautious, has passed up lots of oppurtunities over the last 30 yrs, just cause couldn't make up his mind, cause too much of the past holds him up. Presently I wont buy em unless I see potential, yes their are lots of cattle presently that need 5-10 higher fats to make a BE, but are lots of cattle out their with a $100 profit in em the day you buy em also. I do know lots of guys said last fall and winter, they too high they wont work, no way this thing going up, sure glad I didn't listen to em, this past year been a dream come true for me. All the equity I burnt a yr ago, from doing a horrible job of marketing grain, and BE on cattle, has all been made up and then some in the last 9 months. But with the current price, Im way more cautious then I was a yr ago, I know when it does change it will be a ultimate blood bath. Puts and marketing tools are a lot of help and insurance for bankers and your own personal state of mind.

I do feel we have another good yr or 2 in this thing, and then will still stay higher then where it was, but never know, who thought we would see corn in $2s again, $3.50-4 was the supposedly new plateu.

A person will never find oppurtunities with a negative attitude. As a neighbor tells me, you have to try and have a positive attitude to make it thru tuff times, or it will ruin a person.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)