AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures of Tru-count planter air clutch installation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/20/2008 22:00 (#315182 - in reply to #314588)
Subject: Installing chain drive tru-count clutches sucks

Pittsburg, Kansas

I was informed today after returning from being gone that installing the chain style tru-count clutches pretty well sucks compared to the pro-drive units. Seems at least on our 20" DB bar there are several different unit parallel linkage brackets. Each different style makes the installation of the clutch require different spacers. Not only does one have to remove the shaft to get the clutches on (knew that ahead of time) but there are different combinations of spacers needed to keep the clutch located in its correct position of operation to align the chains. This is somewhat time consuming and if a bearing ever goes out as the shaft is removed to replace it all the spacers and collars will have to be re-installed correctly. We are installing all new bearings so we do not have to worry about that for a few years. I think the worst is past as they pretty well have the procedure figured out, now just a matter of doing the other 33 or so rows. Definitely takes a lot more time than the pro-drive and going to make replacing bearings worse. I sure hope these clutches do not give much trouble because it would be a pain go get them off. The pro-drive style are relatively easy.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/20/2008 22:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)