AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures of Tru-count planter air clutch installation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/19/2008 18:16 (#313924 - in reply to #313802)
Subject: RE: Pictures of Tru-count planter air clutch installation

Pittsburg, Kansas

We will run the air intake inside the cab on both planters. Tru-count says the standard compressor and single tank are fine for 24 rows. We cycled all rows on and off and the compressor will keep up as long as the on-off cycle is at least 5-10 seconds. That would be pretty short rows and a lot of turning. If we find we need extra storage a second tank will be easy to add. On the 36row we are using the bigger compressor and dual tanks. The disadvantage to mounting the compressor on the rear is the long power cable run. With DC the longer the power run the heavier the wire has to be without voltage drop. I felt like it was easier to run air hose than the heavy wire needed. Some might choose differently. We also have our air bag compressor mounted on the tongue but we made a remote switch into the cab so we can operate it without getting out.

We are an Outback dealer. Might have something to do with running an eDrive. Outback eDrive works fine on the track machines. We also have it in a 65E Cat 9400T Deere.

On that tractor we have a greenstar 1 for planter control, VRT and monitoring, Outback S2 for gps and steering and the insight for auto row shutoff and split variety tracking.

Although I like to keep cab clutter down somewhat I am not yet of the opinion that having one monitor doing everything is the best avenue. There comes a point that switching between screens and keeping all the information a person wants displayed may be easier to look at two screens rather than trying to cram it all into one or have to switch pages. I am also of the opinion that if one system fails or gives trouble, I still want to be able to plant. I don't like to be so dependent on technology that it can cause me to shut down if it has a hiccup. Can't say I always meet that goal but it is a goal just the same.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/20/2008 22:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)