AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH Parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/13/2006 03:32 (#26063 - in reply to #26036)
Subject: RE: Biting the hand that feeds you.

Brazilton KS

I didn't accuse anybody of anything.  I merely illustrated the difference between adding a charge vs inflating the bill in some hidden manner.    Shop rates really don't make a lot of difference to me, because our work is done in our shop.  .  At any rate, the shop rate is known ahead of time, or should be, and everyone agrees to it, so it's not an issue.  If you don't like it, go elsewhere.  Same applies to the "b.s. charge" if it is policy that it will be added.     Padding hours would actually tend to allow a lower shop rate, as there would be more hours to spread the shop's overhead over. I don't really see how padding hours would be an employee issue, as management is going to be who is doing the billing and determining the hours on the job,  so I don't even know where your comments are coming from there.

There is nothing wrong with "telling it like it is" on this forum from my standpoint, but there is something wrong with publicly running down your employer.  It's not a very good idea if you wish to remain an employee.  Doesn't make a lot of difference to me if you want to run your employer down, but it might make a difference to him and he might can your ass, and it would be your stupidity that caused it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)