AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH Parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bern
Posted 7/13/2006 00:14 (#26039 - in reply to #25928)
Subject: RE: NH Parts

Mount Vernon, WA
As one who used to work for a NH dealer for many years, I think I can speak intelligently to this topic. In summary: I agree. NH parts are way overpriced, and NH is only driving away business by doing so.

Example: Take a gear out of a transmission with a moderate amount of machine work done to it. NH cost: $800 or better. JD cost: $350-400 or so. Eaton Fuller cost: $150 tops.

Now I'm sure that volume has something to do with it, which would explain why a Fuller trans part is so much less. However, even with identical parts, NH is still way out of line. Example: I would sometimes buy my ZF front axle parts from Deere when working on a Ford/NH tractor that used a ZF axle. Identical parts at less than half the cost. What, you say? That's right. I could buy ZF axle parts over the counter for less than NH dealer cost. Last I checked, that was still the case.

Of course, dealers have something to do with it also, but NH corporate is the primary problem. I saw a customer by a bag of o-rings the other day and he paid almost $5 a pop. Pretty sad when I could go to the hyd shop and get the same things for less than a buck a piece.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)