AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waterer prep, hay shed grading/seeding & PID hay feeding idea (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 8/18/2013 22:03 (#3275156 - in reply to #3275047)
Subject: Re: Waterer prep, hay shed grading/seeding & PID hay feeding idea (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Gary, I see what you are saying - another flat panel out across the end instead of a pointed vee make a flat U with more feeding area.   I like that.  I will experiment this winter with a number of configurations of the panels and see what way the cows like best.

I also like the rain barrel/stock tank idea.  This building is 48x96 and the roof catches an enormous amount of rain. Even a heavy morning dew seems to start the gutters running. Though this building will be used only in the winter where in WI that tank would have to be heated.  And in the summer I don't want the cows lounging up on the concrete.

My plan is to close off the shed area to them. I want their manure out in the pastures or the woods, not around the shed. Right now, the main downspouts are routed into a 6" rigid sewer type pipe and run underground out 50 ft or so into the woods in the background on the next to last picture.

I will water down the trench in the area of the cement pad so it settles more before the pad is poured. That's another good idea. Thank you.

Jim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)