AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere yield monitor ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/21/2008 20:57 (#289089 - in reply to #289068)
Subject: Re: John Deere yield monitor ????

West Tennessee
I copied and pasted this below from a post in 2006 that "IACSR" posted. Sorry but I didn't know how to make the "quote" thing work when I wasn't in the same thread. I save lots of info for future use by the way. I obviously have no way to know for sure if it'll work, but I'm game to give it a try. Thanks again for the input. Billy

IACSR
Posted 10/7/2006 09:40 (#49390 - in reply to #49086)
Subject: Re: Using a diffrent brand reciever wtih Deere's brown box

A Brand X receiver CANNOT be used on the following Original GreenStar products. A StarFire is required.

AutoTrac

Field Doc Connect

Parallel Tracking

Note: A Brand X receiver CANNOT be used on the following GS2 products. A StarFire is required.

AutoTrac

It is possible to utilize a different brand of GPS receiver with Yield Mapping, Harvest Doc, Field Doc Basic, Field Doc Air Cart, Field Doc Planter, Field Doc Sprayer, and Parallel Tracking. These Products can utilize the RS232 signal from many brand X receivers.

It is critical that the following messages from the NMEA 0183 standard are in the signal: GGA, GSA, and RMC setup at 4800 baud, Data Bits 8, Parity none, Stop 1, Flow Control none.

Without these messages, the receiver will not function with above listed AMS Products.

It is also important that brand X receiver is installed correctly. For installation of brand X receiver, the brand X receiver will not will not plug directly into the StarFire harness - new wires will need to be added to the processor connector.

Directions for connecting to a silver wedge-box mapping processor:

At mapping processor connector (cc529), peel back plastic conduit.

Back approx. 18" will be 3 wires that exist as pins in the connector that come to an end. The three wires have circuit code numbers stamped directly on the wires.

From receiver manufacturers wiring diagram, determine which wires from receiver are signal transmit and signal ground. Connect wire cc967 to receiver transmit. Connect wire cc20 to ground. This will enable GPS data to be sent from brand X receiver to Mapping Processor.

Directions for connecting to a Mobile Processor:

At the mobile processor connector (x551), there are no wires available for hooking up to a brand X receiver. From the receiver manufactures wiring diagram, determine which wires from the receiver are the signal transmit and signal ground. Locate pin F on the mobile processor. Pin F is RS232 RX. Add wires of your own to connect receiver TX to pin F. Signal ground should be hooked up through pin C.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)