AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere yield monitor ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/18/2008 18:51 (#286541 - in reply to #286504)
Subject: Re: John Deere yield monitor ????

West Tennessee
There's no receiver attached. I'm just using it for yield monitoring, no mapping. It's a 9610 with a silver wedgebox processor and a elevator mount moisture sensor. It took hours of my own research and work to get the thing to even read a reasonable yield. I've had a Deere tech out for over 2 hours working on it before and he couldn't make it work. He finally unplugged the wedgebox but that wasn't the solution and I plugged it back in. I'm not complaining about him, I'm sure he's more familiar with the newer stuff and mine is like 10 years old. I still can't get the software updated on the processor so I also get a version mismatch error sometimes. When it's running after you get through all the error codes it works about as well as I understand they work. It's normally around 5% off. I thought about hooking something like a garmin 76 to it just to try and stop the alarm (very annoying). The tech and operator manuals make no mention of what to do if you aren't using a gps receiver. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by BHTN 1/18/2008 18:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)