AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere yield monitor ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/20/2008 22:11 (#288279 - in reply to #288208)
Subject: Re: John Deere yield monitor ????

West Tennessee
Dave, Thanks for the response. When the wedgebox was unplugged it did get rid of the "no satellite" error, and most all the other ones. In other words it was a LOT quieter. The big problem though was that I was not getting a speed reading with it unplugged. Obviously without this, the yield's were unusable. Someone else told me that I should still be getting a speed reading because the greenstar was teed into the ground speed on the cornerpost. I'm not sure why but mine was not getting a signal. That's the main reason I plugged it back up.

With the advice that Ted gave above I was able to download the latest updates onto a card tonight. I haven't been able to do that before. I did not realize about the cluster size thing. I'm sure that's why the greenstar wouldn't recognize the card after I put it back in with the updates. I also think that the advice to just hookup a cheap gps to it is good now that I know why I was having some other problems. I'm more confident now since I finally got it to read some decent yields this last year. Now it would seem the only trick will be getting a garmin 18 hooked up to the greenstar harness. I'm going to go the garmin 18 route because it would seem to be a lot cheaper than a greenstar receiver that appear to be like over $500 still. I have the instructions to hookup the garmin 18 but everything with this thing has been harder than first thought.

Thank you very much for your input, it is much appreciated. Billy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)