AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cooking/Buying for 1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KnowAFarmer
Posted 1/30/2013 19:46 (#2862123 - in reply to #2858551)
Subject: RE: Cooking/Buying for 1

SE Nebraska
x3 on the vacuum sealer. We have a food saver. You can buy the bags in larger rolls cheaper on ebay. Freeze most everything. Buy frozen ribs and pork shoulder when it is on sale, spend a day smoking it on the grill, and then portion it out and vacuum seal it and refreeze it. Ribs are great to pull out and toss in the oven before church. Come home to a house that smells like BBQ and lots cheaper than eating out. Tastes better, too.

Pulled pork gets tossed in the nuker for a few minutes, toss it on a nuked bun (also sealed and frozen) and instant lunch.
Also works good for excess garden veggies. Mom freezes corn on the cob (no blanching necessary). Just pull out and drop in boiling water for a few minutes until the cob is hot. Buy fruit on sale and slice and freeze, instant dessert.

I also used ours last year to send some stuffed animals to the Operation Christmas Child kids. They took up most of the shoebox, so I stuffed them in a bag and sucked them down to about 1" thick. I put some little notches in the side of the bag to make them easy open. I wonder what the kids thought they were when they got them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)