AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Based Record Keeping Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FSAguy
Posted 11/6/2012 06:22 (#2680908 - in reply to #2678639)
Subject: RE: iPad Based Record Keeping Software

You are free to discuss this with Aaron, but I think this software will be hard coded to use the cloud as the storage medium.

One of the benefits to my business model in my opinion is, I don't have any interest in what you decide to do on your farm. I am not selling you equipment, chemical, or fertilizer therefore you can buy from whoever you want. The chemical and seed companies can't track who or where you buy, or what you put out. I understand your point, and can appreciate your opinion though. Again, Aaron sells this software, and can set you up with it, training, etc. it does take time to manage it on the backside though, and this is where I see an opportunity to provide a service to a guy who values his time, and wants to minimize time in front of a computer screen.

I plan to have an annual sign up and fee structure based on a guys needs.

Hope this helps. One additional thing to keep in mind is data security. If you do end up using your own local data storage, make sure you have an offsite backup, in the event of a fire or other catastrophe, you can rebuild you database, vs losing it forever. The Cloud data is secure and backed up. Just another thought.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)