AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Based Record Keeping Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FSAguy
Posted 11/5/2012 17:34 (#2679957 - in reply to #2679919)
Subject: Re: iPad Based Record Keeping Software

This software is available for purchase from iCrop. Aaron is the president of the company, he posts on here from time to time. You could buy it, go through their training, and build your own databases, manage your own data etc.

I am planning to provide this software to farmers as a service however. I will pre-populate all the databases (chemicals used, varieties, etc.), set up the data collection forms to a customers specific needs, load data into the software as needed (yield map, soil sample results, VR maps, etc.), setup the access for each user, and manage the permissions for those users, training, troubleshooting, end of year reports, basically anything you need to use the software in the field. I will manage the software so that it is easy for a customer to manage the data they desire. This software is not designed to create VR maps, manage AB lines, interface with Equipment controllers, etc, but any of that data could be loaded/viewed in the software. It is designed to be an easy way for you to keep up with what you are doing in a more efficient manner.

Let me clarify one thing on the Cloud aspect. The software maintains a "local" copy of the database on the iPad. Therefore you do not have to have access to the internet or cloud to do data entry, you simply need internet to "sync" the data to the Cloud. For instance, you could enter your data during the day in the field. Bring your WI-FI only iPad home at night, and then sync what you did that day to the cloud. Internet Service is not a requirement for data entry. Of course if you have a Cellular equiped iPad you could sync anywhere anytime, but it is not required. A simple wi-fi iPad is sufficient.

There are some other features that it CAN do also. It will allow soil sampling for instance. This is not something I am currently setup with, but it will allow you to free sample, zone, or grid sample your fields, and will help with sample label creation, etc. It has a timesheet module, so you can record employees time , again, not a module I am currently utilizing. It also has a workorder component. You could create a workorder, assign it to one of your employees (if they have an iPad), they accept it, and mark that it is completed when done. They can provide notes along with the notification back to you. You would then be notified that they completed the given task. For instance - you assign your employee a task to spray Orthene @ 0.75 lbs/A to Fields X, Y, & Z. You attach instructions to the workorder specifing exactly what to do. When they finish, they report it back to you. This could have been turn on a pivot Monday, or disk the field Wednesday. Anything you want to assign them, you are able to. I do have this module currently, and am planning to use it in some applications.

Just to be up front, I didn't post this to try to "sell" to your guys, simply am looking for feedback. I do not want anyone to think I am trying to push a "sales tactic" on you here..... Just want to be honest and open regarding this.

As long as I am asking about the software, what do you think a service like this would be worth to you?

Thanks for the questions, keep them coming! Great Feedback!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)