AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Based Record Keeping Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ltcase
Posted 11/6/2012 07:11 (#2680952 - in reply to #2678639)
Subject: Re: iPad Based Record Keeping Software

NW Ohio
So when are they going to make a plug and play feature for the iPad? That's what we really want. This is great, but just one more monitor in the cab we have to deal with. I know this would probably not be well received by the big manufacturers, but I'm sure if the money talks, then they would agree. Basically, it would be like a computer and a printer. The computer in this instance would be the iPad, and the printer would be your input type (e.g. Precision planting, afs, john deere, etc.) I think Agleader is getting there, but there is still the "computer". You still have to download the data to your computer. iPad would be a great tool for this. Go plant, plug in; take out, go spray, plug in; take out, go harvest, plug in; take out. No other monitors. The pad does it all, no other monitors required. The big manufacturer's would get money because you would have to download the software from them (much like printer software), whatever you choose. iPad (or whatever type of "pad" you choose) of course benefits as well. And, so would the proprietor of the software for this application. You don't have to send it to a "cloud" to get money. You can sell licenses, 1-year, 2-year, etc. It's done on other types of software. Sure you can get around it by constantly changing the date on your computer, but then you have defunct data. How far off do you see this? And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it. Personally, I do all this on a clipboard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)