AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Based Record Keeping Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FSAguy
Posted 11/5/2012 16:22 (#2679875 - in reply to #2679861)
Subject: Re: iPad Based Record Keeping Software

By the end of the year, you should be able to use your finger to draw split areas/zones onto your field. I have requested to be able to maintain a separate record for each "field/zone", I understand that it can be done today, but you have to physically map each zone with the GPS built into the app (or use a 3rd party mapping program to draw the zone). After the new version comes out, you can simply draw the area by hand.

The software can have any data fields you want it to have. If you want to enter the data, a form can be built to enter it on. I had one customer want to enter his elevator tickets as they come back from the elevator. He wanted to enter net bushels harvested in each field. Another customer may want additional data from the ticket recorded. Each customer could have his data entry form customized to thier needs.

As far as calculating dry bushels, TODAY that would be a calculation I would perform after all data entry was done, and then load the yield back into the database for you to view it. I do expect that in the future you will be able to calculate the yield yourself though. I discussed this with one of the software engineers last week. He has requested this functionality to be added.

After harvest, I plan to load the yield map to each customers account so they can view it in the software (if they provide the data, and want to view it). You could use the GPS to scout/sample low yielding areas for instance.

The software will keep all data being entered, so you can look at all historical data. Or you can print a report, to store it if you desire. I personally see more utility for having the data retrievable in the software, so you can pull it back up. However, printing or storing pdf reports is completely optionally and can be done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)