AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How good is your dealer to you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

srsu99
Posted 10/16/2007 10:35 (#220413)
Subject: How good is your dealer to you?

Central / West Texas
I bought a new small tractor to pull my batwing shredder and to load round bales around here. Its a NH TN 75A w/ loader and hydraulic shuttle shift. Very happy with the tractor and trans setup. But.... my dealer, whom I did not talk down is price leaves a little to be desired. They were most helpful before the sale, but now dont seem to be very interested in performing warranty work. My power steering cylinder has a small leak. I am used to leaks as most of my equipment is 5 or more years old. They act like they get paid nothing from NH for this work. Does anyone believe this is true? Also I want to add a third valve to run a grapple bucket and a hydrauilic post hole digger which I already have. The parts are around $1000 plus labor. Dealer says its a waste of money andI should just run hoses from the rear remotes. In my opinion this looks bad and could be unsafe if a hose gets tangled in something. Which I know can happen because this is how my old loader tractor was set up and I hated it. Why do they not want to sell and install the parts? Hay season is pretty well over here and they slow down in the winter i.e. they could use the work. I spend alot of money on JD parts at this dealer every year, they are only a few miles from my shop and very convenient so I really dont want to switch dealers, the next closest dealer is 40 miles away and mostley cater to hobby farmers and ranchettes so they dont stock larger parts like I need. Any ideas on how to coax them into better service?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)