AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pfarms
Posted 7/21/2012 10:07 (#2497992 - in reply to #2497030)
Subject: Thanks for the replies...

EC MN - Hour North of 'The Cities'
And keep them coming! Good stuff to learn!

The toughest part about this is that she shares 2 houses (her mother and I are not together) so it is difficult to know what discipline she receives when at her mother's house. Have talked to her mom about how to go about punishment when Maddi is not listening and she is at a loss as well...nothing that she tries seems to work long term.

She is a very busy, outgoing, curious, intelligent 6 year old that just happens to have a listening problem. She does great in school minus the paying attention/completing tasks timely part.

I will agree with others that a little spanking can go a long ways...worked when I was a kid. I'm also not big on 'picking your battles', I'm more of a 'if you're screwing around you're getting yelled at'. These kids know that dad has zero tolerance for pouting and crying your way until you get your way.

What would you do for punishment in a public place with a lot of people around? Usually not very close to our vehicle either.

Would also like to get a medical opinion, but it is difficult to get her mother on board with that.

Had a pretty good 'come to Jesus meeting' last night and as of this AM it has sunk in...fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)