AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I can't beleiive what I'm hearing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bedplanter
Posted 7/10/2012 19:27 (#2478013 - in reply to #2477939)
Subject: Re: I can't beleiive what I'm hearing.

southcentral nebraska
Our corn price is higher than Brasil's because we have more demand for it. If a livestock feeder finds a way to purchase corn from another country, it is probably because he can't find corn to buy right here. I'm betting it would be the last resort , since you have to have feed for the animals that aren't finished yet. . Maybe some of the ethanal plants are closing because they can't find corn either. The price of corn isn't the entire reason for closing. (even though USDA says we have plenty of corn left over) If you can't find corn here, you will have to buy from someone else and I doubt you could get corn brought over here (with freight , shipping taxes and fees) for less than you could buy it here. Just think of the red tape involved .If someone brought corn in from another country, its because they can't find here. USDA's twisted reports have really acrewed things up for us . It would have been better if they would have said the 2011 crop was a dud and we'll probably run out of corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)