AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Ford 6.7 liter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 6/25/2012 01:33 (#2448382 - in reply to #2447646)
Subject: RE: New Ford 6.7 liter

King City, Mo
I've had my 2011 ford f-350 crew cab dually a whole 2 weeks. The only time i've had it on the trailor was to hall 10000lbs of bean seed home and i was in the tractor and baler baling straw when that happend. My 66 year old mother drove it. She doesn't drive fast and had never pulled a gooseneck trailer before but drove right bye the seed house because she was so relaxed in the truck. lol

My truck has 63,000 miles on it. The guy i bought it from pulled a 40ft fatbed hauling his crap from michigan to Flordia and some places between there. The truck drives great, love the almost 500 miles you can go without fueling up. Alot better millage then my chipped 7.3L that's a 350 4 door dually.

I love the cooled seats. The backup camera is cool. When you pull out to pass someone you can go from 60-85 in a second and don't realize you have a one ton truck and your going that fast.

The DEF stuff kinda sucks, one more thing to remember to have i the tool box but i have herd that there's ways to take it off if it goes to screwing up.

I am interested to see what she'll do when i put it on my 32ft steel stock trailor and put 20-21,000lbs of cattle in it.

My buddy that's 73 now and still hauls pulling a 30ft stock trailor,his comments:

7.3L ford - 316,000 traded off becuase it's gotta eventually blow up sometime cuz that's alot of miles.

6.0L Ford - Cried when he put it on the trailor for the first time as it wouldn't start a load like the old 7.3L would, a pile of crap, until he had to put injectors in the duramax he traded for...then it hadda been such a bad truck.

07 Duramax - Running son of a gun, but had to have injectors, high pressure oil pump, lift pump, and doesn't ride near as good as the fords did.

2011 Dodge - crappy fuel millage and less power then the chevy, even after spending 2grand on air box and exhaust it isn't any better.

(truck3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments truck3.jpg (36KB - 66 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)