AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling a protective cow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/8/2012 14:26 (#2275624 - in reply to #2275523)
Subject: Re: Selling a protective cow

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
some great posts as always, we calve in large pastures most of which have a high predetor count "yotes" we kill plenty but its never ending, i can tell real quick when i ride into the pasture how bad there being harrased, i always talk to my cows either while on horseback or pickup, the old ones know when i'm talking about moving or just trying to calm the herd if i have to work a calf, and often they will respond which has a calming effect on the younger moms, like stated by others i respect and allow a nervous cow to put her face in mine and blow a little snot, i prefer she saves the snot , and if a guy says it doesn't make him nervous while on his knees he wont be in the bussiness long, as far as getting rolled, that will happen only once on our ranch ! i have had guys work for me that take there safety for granted and it wont be tollerated, too comfortable in a bull pen like they got these guys figured out, or a thousand other ways you can get hurt around cattle with the wrong mindset, i have bulls i can handle from one end to the other in open pasture but i will never turn my back on them in close quarters, as far a little kids, i wont trust any mama with a new calf around my grandkids when there little without holding there hand for a quick help if needed, and i feel you couldnt blame a cow, just to close to the hieght of a coyote IMHO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)